Here is the recipe for my wine punch. I was aiming at a sangria type drink that was pink!
1 Bottle White Zinfandel (chilled)
1-2 Shots Creme de Cassis (add more if you desire, my guests liked light drinks)
1 Liter Seltzer Water (chilled)
Approx. 1/4 Cup Simple Syrup (I can't remember how much I used exactly, but u can add less or more according to taste)
Frozen berries (thawed but chilled blue berries, black berries and rasberries)
1 Container fresh strawberries cut into slices (chilled)
Keep everything chilled so as to avoid adding ice to the punch which could water it down.
Wait until guests have arrived before mixing the punch.
- Pour White Zifandel into punch bowl.
- Add shot of Crem de Cassis, Frozen berry mix and fresh strawberry slices
- Add simple syrup (as little or as much as desired, I would start out with a little then adjust after adding seltzer)
- Pour seltzer water over mixture and stir
- Take a little taste and leave alone or add more simple syrup if desired
- Put punch bowl out and let the guests serve themselves the Berry Berry goodness
I didn't get a chance to take many pictures but it was very pretty and tasty!!! I have another bottle of Zifandale to make this punch again (all for myself!!!).